Hi Trish...

The collagen injections "plump-up" the vocal cords so that they will respond
in a reasonably normal manner when used.  The thing is (and I'm speaking from
having had 3 sets of collagen injections since May, 1997, and am due for a
forth set in a coupla-three weeks), the PWP who's HAD the collagen injections
MUST:

1.  Be able to enunciate well in order to speak clearly.  IF the tongue and/or
facial muscles aren't working reasonably normally, the collagen will NOT
correct THAT problem.   Seeing a speech therapist might be called for at this
point in ADDITION to the collagen injections, provided dad is dedicated to
repeated practice (and a lot of folks aren't or can't)

2.  Post-collagen-injections, one ABSOLUTELY MUST remember to try to speak
from the diaphragm.   BEFORE the injections, we Parkies tend to get lazy - our
faint-voiced Parkie-speech has become a BAD HABIT as well as a problem.  IF we
correct the problem, we STILL have to get rid of the bad habit.

Nice to see ya again, Trish! <smile>

Barb Mallut