Odd, but until this topic of "Foreigners" came up, I
never actually thought of anyone on the List BEING
a "foreigner,"  that is, I didn't particularly think of anyone
being particularly "American, or "not American."

Online, I've had only three ways to identify List-folks....
I either liked them to various degrees, felt ambivalence,
or I didn't like them. There has been lots of the former,
some of the second, and not many of the latter. Those
List members I've met in person I've liked immensely,
no matter what country they called "home."

Mostly, if I thought of it at all, I guess,  just thought of us
as one homogeneous mix  - with lotsa little personal
quirks thrown in - bound together by not only Parkinson's,
but by our mutual humanity, friendship and caring.

Anybody who didn't fit THAT criteria, I'd probably look
at as being "foreign."

Barb Mallut