Hi Bruce (and Rita & Trish);

Bruce, I can relate to how awkward it is to try to get up out of an
economy class seat after several hours of sittin'.

 SNIP

> I decided to swallow
> my pride and request bulkhead seating. It gives you more room in front
> and therefore allows you to get up more easily and allows you to stretch
> stiff muscles. I  immediately called American and requested bulkhead
> seating on each leg of the flight.
SNIP
>      I found it very stressful and demeaning to have to repeatedly
> explain to airline personnel what my disability was and to request
> special seating. I think they should have been able to accommodate me
> from the very beginning and spare me the stress of not knowing where I
> would be seated. Anyone who has flown knows how cramped and
> uncomfortable airline seating is for healthy people!
>     Has anyone else had a similar experience? Does the Americans with
> Disabilities Act have any bearing on airline seating?

I dunno 'bout the Americans with Disabilities Act but we recently
flew Alaska Airlines to Las Vegas & Los Angeles + return to Vancouver
and when I mentioned PD and bulkhead seating they instantly offered
to upgrade my tickets to first class for a nominal 40 bucks.  We had
bulkhead seats, big leather comfort, menus, wine.....................

Alaska is now first class in my book..............

best regards .................. Murray