Reuters had an article today about the nicotine patch, stating that it may
help PD symptoms, even going so far as to say that smokers are less likely
to develope PD than non-smokers.  This wasn't true in my case.  I smoked
all my life (4 pks./day) until around 1991, then started again in 1994
after the loss of our infant son.  I am now in the process of quiting again
FOR GOOD, and am down from 4 pks./day to less than 1 pk./day.  Nontheless,
in the four+ yrs. that I've had PD  and have been smoking, the nicotine has
not helped my tremors or diskensia.  Who knows what to think about some of
these new "discoveries"?

Jim J. 54/4
So.Lake Tahoe, CA