>Meanwhile,Aliza's symptoms are worsening and she feels off after about 4 hours
>which suggests going to half a pill every four hours corresponding to 25mg/hr
>of Levadopa and 150mg/day of Carbidopa which is over the 125mg/day "maximum
>effective dosage" given by Roche but well within your 300mg/day "maximum safe
>quantity for effective protection" limit given in your paper.What to do?
>Your suggestion of juggling 10/100 with 25/100 is feasible.
>How about alternating 10/100 with 25/100 every four hours?
>This would keep the Levadopa rate of 25/mg/hr and reduce the Carbidopa rate to
>105mg/day in place of 150mg/day.
>Gil Lieberman

If you use 25/100 regular carbi-/levodopa tablets, the dosage of levodopa
will be about 1/3rd more effective than using CR. I suggest that trying half
a 25/100 every 3 hours or so might well supply the needed levodopa and cost
less as well as provide lower peak concentration.

Ronald Vetter  1936, dz PD 1984, carbidopa/levodopa, Mirapex, selegiline
[log in to unmask]     Ridgecrest, California
http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter