My first reaction was  compromise - take half of
>what I was taking, which was 4 - 25/100's.  But 2 is less than the 75mg that
>is supposed to  be the minimum dosage that produces any effect.  So I would
>be left with Mirapex and Selegiline.

there are free plain carbidopa tablets available. the use of two 25/100
tablets as four halves is better from the smoothness of dosing perspective.
if there is less than 75 mgof carbidopa in your daily intake, the effect
will be sub-saturation level. all this means is that you may not get full
benefit of the levodopa that is converted in the bloodstream.

the level of carbidopa in the 50/200 CR tablets is twice what it is in
regular 1/4 ratio tablets. this is because the CR tablets seldom completely
dissolve - and, the effective dose is about 70% of the regular.

>How hard is it to live with dyskensia?  I mean, does it  typically last 2
>hours a day, 10?  Or impossible to generalize?  How about a range?   Can you
>time it, or at least predict it's onset?

it is no big deal for most. it is usually only for a brief period when the
blood concentration is highest.

using only eldepryl and mirapex seems to me to be less natural than using
the levodopa which is the normal precursor of dopamine. i now use half a 5
mg. seligiline tablet in the morning only; 3 25/250 generic carbi/levodopa
as six halves; and 4 0.25 mirapex per day.  this is supplementable with more
mirapex if needed. I am soon going to try 6 10/100 regular generics since i
have mild dyskinesia briefly after some doses of both the mirapex and
12.5/125 generics.

Ronald Vetter  1936, dz PD 1984, carbidopa/levodopa, Mirapex, selegiline
[log in to unmask]     Ridgecrest, California
http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter