Bonnie-- if you really want  *abstracts* re: PD, perhaps J.Bruman can help?
        He regularly posts lists of PD related articles in medical
journals--but of course one needs a good medical library to find the
journals!  For more general PD info, All the national groups have good free
literature:
Here's a reading list--maybe of interest:

Here is the first version of suggested reading posted with thanks to Sid
Roberts and also the Parkinson's Web.  If you have any suggestions please
let me know and I will include them in further posts.  Barb

                         Suggested Reading

Titles contributed by:
Sid Roberts 67/dx3,[log in to unmask] Youngstown, Ohio
The Parkinson's Web at:  http://pdweb.mgh.harvard.edu
Barbara Patterson, [log in to unmask]

Atwood, Glenna W.  Living Well With Parkinson's. John Wiley & Sons, Inc.;
1991.

Carlton, Lucille.  Sex, Love, Chronic Illness (1994).  Published by The
National Parkinson Foundation, Inc.

Carroll, David L.  Living With Parkinsons: A Guide for Patient and
Caregiver. Harper Perennial; 1993.

Cohen, Andrea M. and William J. Weiner ed. The Comprehensive Management
of Parkinson's Disease. Demos Publications;  1994  *

Dauphin, Sue. Parkinson's Disease: The Mystery, the Search and the
Promise. Pixel Press; 1992.

Dorros, Sidney.  Parkinson's: A Patient's View. Seven Locks Press; (1981)

Duvoisin, Roger C.  Parkinson's Disease: A Guide for Patient and Family.
Raven Press; (Third edition, 1991)

Gibran, Kahlil.  The Prophet.  Publisher, Alfred A. Knopf, New York.
Library of Congress Card Number:  53-9594

Gordon, Sandi.  Parkinson's: A Personal Story of Acceptance. Branden
Publishing Co.; 1992.

Johnson, Arlette ed.  Young Parkinson's Handbook: A Guide for Patients and
Their
 Families. APDA; 1995.

Langston, J.W. and Palfreman, J.  (1995) The Case of the Frozen Addicts.
Pantheon Books, New York.  ISBN 0- 679-42465-2.

Levin, Susan B. ed.  Coping with Parkinson's Disease. APDA; (2nd ed. 1990).

Lieberman, Abraham N. and Frank L. Williams.  Parkinson's Disease: The
Complete Guide for Patients and Caregivers. Simon & Schuster; (1993).

Lustbader, Wendy.  Counting on Kindness: The Dilemmas of Dependency. Macmillan;
 (1991)

McGoon, Dwight C. The Parkinson's Handbook: An Inspiring, Practical Guide
for Patients and Their Families. WW Norton & Company  (1994)

Monnot, Michel.   From Rage to Courage: The Road to Dignity Walk. St.
Denis Press; (1988).

Nutt, John G.  Parkinson's Disease: 100 Maxims. Mosby Year Book; (1992)

Olanow, Charles W. et.al. ed.  Neurodegeneration and Neuroprotection.
Academic Press;(1996) *

Pierce, John R. A Patient's Perspective: Living With Parkinson's Disease: Or
 Don't Rush Me! I'm Coping  as Fast as I Can. Pectrum Communications; 1989.

Sacks, O.  Awakenings.  Harper Perennial, Division of Harper Collins
Publisher.

Stern, Matthew B. and Howard I. Hurtig.  The Comprehensive Management of
Parkinson's Disease. PMA Pub Corp; (1988).

Turnbull, George I.  Physical Therapy Management of Parkinson's Disease.
Churchill Livingstone; (1992)*

* primarily designed for medical personnel rather than patient or caregiver.

  Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 80/9
  Oxford, OH
"http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/camilla/one.htm" My Home Page

                 * Ask me about the CARE list for*