Friends,

I don't think it's about more research.
I believe they already have drugs that will cure us.
In the form of neurotrophic factors that will protect against further damage.
I also saw a recent posting on the list about a treatment in Switzerland that
would eliminate the protein that is responsible for keeping the CNS from
regenerating. In other words, they already have the cure. What we need now is
for quicker acceptance by our old pals at the FDA. I'm not saying the Udall
funding is not important. I don't know a damned thing about the funding and
research process. Perhaps we need more money for the trials of these drugs.
But what I think we really need now is a national action for attention to the
misery and agony and frustration that PWP go through everyday of their lives;
how many of us there are; and how badly we need these new treatments.

If you disagree, please let me know.

Jacob