>How hard is it to live with dyskensia?  I mean, does it  typically last 2
>hours a day, 10?  Or impossible to generalize?  How about a range?   Can you
>time it, or at least predict it's onset?
>
>Thanks!
>Bruce

Bruce,
I was going to keep my mouth shut for a change but, nnnnooooo here I go again.

For years and years I only took sinemet on an as "needed" basis. Like when
I drove the car. when I sewed my daughters wedding dresses. when I cut my
husbands hair or when I paid the bills or wrote a letter.  I always said I
was saving that dose for when we went to Europe for vacation. I probably
took on average three or four tablets a week.  I controled my tremor with
amantadine  and  eldepryl or sitting on my hands.  I began having dyskensia
when I started taking sinemet CR. (too strong) but after that even smaller
doses of regular sinemet gave me dyskensia.

I feel like I bought myself several years worth of sinemet. To this day, I
am more comfortable  with tremor than with dyskensia, even though my
tremors have been reduced by DBS surgery.

My dyskensia started with the onset of sinemet and lasted until it wore off.

Just another example of how differently we are all affected.

jjjane 55/19