Gail wrote to Janet:
  "What I find interesting is how one word (foreigner) was carved out of
the message and kicked around, removed from context, completely
distored, assigned subjective meanings and the message wasn't even
heard."

 ...my meaning...

 THIS WAS THE ATTENTION GETTER....

 Calling all foreigners!

 I've got another idea...now before ya'll get all 'puffed up'...
 I was just trying to get your attention.

 (I didn't imply it...I said it...I was JUST trying to get their
 attention).

 THIS WAS THE MESSAGE....
 (do you see the word 'foreigner' in the message?)

 ANYONE outside of the United States who wants to write a letter to the
US Congress to plead for/ express support for/ contribute your voice to
the call to fund the Udall Law.....

  ....email me your message and I'll co-sign it and add my Fairfax,
 Virginia address and send it on to MY representatives with my zip
 code telling them that the *** 'WORLD IS WATCHING YOU' ***...talking
 about adding peer pressure...they love to be talked about around the
 world and I think your voice WILL BE HEARD.

 Results:

 The word "foreigner" has been discussed for 6 days and 31 posts and
I've received only 5 letters.........

 ....I'd say the message and the opportunity were missed......gail

my dear gail

only if you 'cave' in now
where's that persistence?

i ddoubble ddare you to send this whole message to the list!

janet