Gidday fellow travellers,

My name is Julie-Ann, and I'm a recently diagnosed Australian PWP.  I'm
38 years young, am a Wife, Mother to 4 and Nonna to 1.  This
Parkinsonisan glich in my life is quiet unexpected:/

I was relieved to be told of this list.  I'm fairly active on a couple of
other lists and find the exchange of information and support they offer
invaluable.

Because of the newness of this 'next step of life', I'm still slightly
punch drunk.  I sort of feel like I'm entering a new reality.  One where
I notice little things, the tremor that was only in my right has now
moved to my left, my speaking voice (in which is was quiet proud of) is
now ever so slightly slurred, my intermitantly rigid right arm..........
These things were *not* in my life plan.  I have a diabetic husband with
complications to consider, then there are the two kids still at home, not
to mention my dear little grand-son.  My becomming dis-eased is a giant
pain!

My neurologist has suggested starting medication, but I'm hesitating.
The very idea of becomming dependant on a drug is a nauseating thought.
Besides I was never any good at remembering to take tablets - but when I
start I'll have to be consistant for the rest of my life.  That thought
leads me to wonder about vibrating through the rest of my life (and in my
family that can be quite a long time!).  Nope!! this wasn't part of my
plan.  Any how, enough of my morbid meanderings.

My interests are:
my family
the movies
reading
getting away with my husband occassionaly
I'm fairly religious
the net
my friends
shopping(interesting stuff not boring groceries)
seeing my home slowing becomming revovated
I let you know these little details by way of introduction.  I'm looking
forward to the exchange on this list.

Regards,
Julie-Ann (PWP in Oz)