Magnetic resonance spectroscopy in clinical neuroimaging

Magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) is a noninvasive means of obtaining
metabolic information complementary to magnetic resonance imaging.

Its potential is particularly interesting in tissue characterization and
follow-up of brain lesions.

We present here a review of clinical applications together with a short
development of the fundamental principles.

From a review of the literature, and our own experience, we discuss the role
of MRS in clinical neuroimaging.

Despite the small number of clinical applications validated to date, MRS is
today a highly useful research tool.

J Neuroradiol 1998 Mar;25(1):55-69
Le Bas JF, Esteve F, Grand S, Rubin C, Remy C, Benabid AL, Decorps M
CHU Grenoble, France
PMID: 9585633, UI: 98246724

janet paterson aka calendar control supervisor
51/10 - sinemet/selegiline/prozac - [log in to unmask]
quotations: http://newww.com/cgi-bin/do_cal?c:newvoice
pwp event calendar: http://newww.com/cgi-bin/do_cal?c:pwpc