> I am curious about how many of us went through menopause before being
> diagnosed with PD.  Also how many were in menopause when diagnosed
> and how many started it after the diagnosis.

I started going through menopause in 1982 (age 42) and considered myself
nearly through by the time I was diagnosed with PD in 1990 (age 50).

> How can we gather information about how PD and our meds effect and
> are effected by other natural changes in our bodies??

I don't know how to determine if the PD meds affect menopause or vice versa.
It would be interesting, if we could determine these effects.

> Maybe someone (maybe even me) could start archiving women's stories
> on this subject?

It would be great if someone would take on this task.  At this time, I am
very bogged down, as my husband has been named Guardian and Conservator of
his aunt and uncle who live about 140 miles from us.  We have had to place
them in an Assisted Living facility and I am doing all of the recordkeeping,
paying bills, etc. for them.  I have this set up on my computer and I have
spent many, many hours on this.  I think I have it going pretty well now,
but we are now petitioning the Court to sell their house and car.  So, I
don't see much let-up in sight.

Mary Watkins ([log in to unmask])