Dear Friends of this Listserv....

Many of you have inquired about the results of the exploratory surgery I
had to have to determine the cause of a very large (cantalope size)
abdominal tumor.  I am sending this to let you know that on May 19 I had
a complete hysterectomy because I have Stage III ovarian cancer which has
also spread to my diaphragm and colon.   My doctors were amazed how
quickly I began my recovery, despite the PD, and I was allowed to go home
in just four days.  I began chemo-therapy one week after surgery. I am
having a rough time of it as the PD meds and the chemo-therapy interfere
with each other and I often need help just to move my body.  I am trying
a larger dosage of Sinemet CR now, and it seems to be helping somewhat.

I am surviving this because of the out-pouring of love I have received
from my beautiful family and friends, and I thank you for your
well-wishes.  PD and cancer.... I won't give in to it without a fight.

Warm Regards,

Janice Long <55/20>
(Jan)