Dear Bob:
    Thank you for clarifying the meaning of your statement.  I wonder if I
am being too finicky, or if it really does matter how we speak to each other
in a forum where we all have some urgent connection to this disease.  I've
known about my diagnosis for 2 yrs.  I am learning worlds about it every
day.  Frequently, however, I gravitate back to a system that helped me get
through the beginning storms of despair:  what I can control vs what I can't
control.  These two boxes unfortuneately keep changing their contents.  But
for the most part I can often lean on them to give me strength and (some
small) security.
     I can (in some remote way) deal with the effects of "complications"
being the cause of death. (In a similar way, no one dies from AIDS, but from
infections which the body cannot repel.)   -  and now I am wondering again.
How similar in the final years is PD to AIDS, excluding the obvious, looking
just at the increased vulnerability of the PD ravaged being.
    Bob, I've had some shocking things said to me by doctors...."PD is
nothing."  and "You're too young to have it."  and "I just want you to
forget you have it and get on with your life."   I'm truly sorry if I sound
critical.  I don't mean to at all.  I think I'm becoming a "difficult"
patient.  There are things I really want to know.  I'm trying to take as
much responsibility for my healing and the quality of my life as I can.
Sorry if I put you on the spot.
    And to Carol, thank you for the insurance reassurance.  And to Bent
Willow, your points are extremely interesting.  I'll take them up with my
doctor.

Barb Rager