Jonathan Blakeman-Shead wrote:
>Where does Amitriptyline and other tricyclic antidepressants fit into your
> hypothesis?

Although precise action of amitriptyline (Elavil) is not known (by its
makers), it's a serotonin enhancer like the examples I gave. My main
point is that the kind of depression seen in PD, especially if it
fluctuates with the medicine dosage cycle, may be related to dopamine
rather than serotonin. In that event, neither the tricyclics nor the
SSRIs might help much. But in contrast, it's common for "end-of-dose"
depression to vanish soon after a new dose of dopaminergic agent.
Cheers,
Joe
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road