Tue, 9 Jun 1998 17:26:48 -0700 "Robert A. Fink, M.D." <[log in to unmask]> wrote
on the subject: Re: URGENT HELP needed to get to WASHNGTON DC:

> >>    I  am trying to get my caregiver and myself to Washington DC for the
> >>PAN Forum.  Senators Jack Reed (Rhode Island), Olympia Snowe (Maine)

>Are we using this List to solicit money?  Bad idea.

>Best, Bob.

Hello Bob,

In a way soliciting for money was for many of the listpeople
the most important issue in their postings these last months:
the $$$$$$$$$ from the Udall Bill.

Many people have contributed so far in getting the job done,
but IMHO Ivan has been in the frontlines of the action.
Such enthousiastic and dedicated people are not so easy to find.
And they are a stimulans for other people to take action too.
THEY can get the message across that funding is necessary.
So those people should also be present in Washington!
Some people happen to have/get the money to get there, some don't.

I agree with you that asking for money on this list is not a good idea.

But sometimes people fighting for a good cause HAVE to cross the line
to get the job done. In the case of Ivan it must be very humiliating for him
to have to ask for the money. To do that is not as easy as it seems.
It would not have been necessary if the people he is fighting the battles
for, would have recognized and appreciated his activities by providing him
with the money needed to plead the cause in Washington. To be more precise:
the parkinson association/federation/etc. could, no SHOULD pay for his trip!

Greetings,  Hans.