Dennis,
Please do not put things on hold just because I raised a concern.  I don't
know whether my concern is valid.  I certainly don't feel this way.  Others on
the list feel it should be tried.  I'm afraid that if you try to soften it too
much, your message will be lost.  I was simply trying to get some feedback as
to what others thought.  So far, I've not seen any commentary by other list
members that supports my concern.  It may be my own misperception.  Do not let
me sway you from your brave and untried course.   Yours IS truly such a great
letter.  You must realize that my town is pretty conservative and may not be
representative of the whole of America.  How I ended up here, I don't know!
Well, I DO know.  Troy and my neighborhood have been in a Wall Street Journal
article on diversity.  Troy is in actuality like a small United Nations (with
people of numerous nationalities and ethnic and racial backgrounds), WHICH IS
WHY WE CHOSE TO LIVE HERE.  Sometimes, as I listen to folks talking, I wonder
how they can espouse these isolationist types of views and at the same time
live in such a diverse community.

Please go with your gut, dear Dennis.  Go with what the rest of the list says.

Sincerely,
Barb Brock