At 12:17 PM 6/6/98 EDT, you wrote:
>If you would look at the information sheet accompanying miraipex, you will
>note
>that l.5 mg. three times a day  is the maximum dosage.    This is the amount
>I take and I am doing quite well.
>
>Edie 63/l9

Edie, hello.  I was startled by your above statement.  Would you please
check again, for I  find no where in the information insert or  other
materials distributed by sales reps where MAXIMUM dosage of Mirapex is
stated.  The insert talks about a suggested optimal amount of 4.5mg/d
titrated to slowly.  Clinical studies of pramipexole (Mirapex) say that "at
dosages ranging from 1.5 mg/d to 6.0/d, [Mirapex]is effective, safe, and
generally well tolerated" tho not as well tolerated in the 6.0 mg/d group.
Am I misreading the available information? I suspect that for some PWP 4.5
mg/d is not their therapeutic level.

     Sid Roberts   68/3   <[log in to unmask] >     Youngstown, Ohio