Phil Tompkins has done an excellent job of gathering statistics on the
number of people with Parkinson's and has in the process produced numbers
which agree fairly closely with the published UK figures.  My understanding
of the differences between the UK-compatible figure of half a million PWPs,
and the popular 1 million figure, is that it depends on how widely you spread
your definition of 'PD'.

I am prepared to live with both estimates: consider it this way : The
inclusion of a particular 'marginal' illness in the total will be justified
if the cure (when it is found) cures both the classic Parkinson's Disease,
and the marginal condition. Until then, I can live with  both figures.
Regards,
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>