Gail,
as a newbie of 3/50 at the present time I am fully functional in
employment and to the outside world without illness (occasionally people
note I''m a bit slow or shake a little).
My life is full with the usual ups and downs of living - births,
marriages and divorces etc. I acknowledge I have PD but my mind refuses
to picture me with dyskenesia etc etc. Sometimes I feel mad at a 70 year
old who walks past swinging both arms with abandon or I get frustrated
with slow typing etc.
I don't feel the need for support at the moment. I consider myself lucky
not to live under a depressive cloud (yet?). The future will come in its
own sweet time, don't think about it so hard that it becomes a mental
reality today, it will come. I take an interest in reading the list and
consider the best course for my treatment, but thats all.

Ask her why she does not take more interest, perhaps she feels like I
do. If she were my sister and showed no signs of deep depression and
looked after herself ok, I'd be happy that she is content today. Maybe
it's your deep concern causing you to feel bad. Don't, enjoy the best of
life with her while you and she can.

If she would like to talk or correspond with me I am more than willing
to respond.

Best wishes

David