hi bill

you wrote:
>I hate to rain on a lovely lady's parade, and I'm sorry,
>but please don't start with the "results don't matter" business.
>I definitely disagree.

i certainly didn't intend any disparagement
toward the efforts being made by the pan handlers

if i were american, i would be right there with them,
with bells on!

however, none of us can predict the future
we cannot tell whether the money will be made available
we cannot tell whether the money will provide the cure

that is not to say we shouldn't work at what we believe in
as hard as we can

but if the money doesn't result in a cure
does that mean that all this effort is a 'waste'?

>It frightens me.
>I so hate having this stupid disease.

we differ here

at the risk of repetition
i said this to maryhelen and the list recently:

>...i didn't begin to figure out what my challenge was
>till i was diagnosed with pd ten years ago
>that diagnosis was my 'wake up call'
>
>the past ten years have been a tremendous period
>of growth and change for me in many ways
>
>if i hadn't heard the 'wake up call'
>i wouldn't be here sharing all of this with you
>
>and i would be so much the poorer
>
>so i can't look at my pd as a scourge to be banished
>
>but that's my perspective
>based on how i see my challenge

if the cure came along tomorrow
i would cheer as loudly as anyone

i simply feel that the work and effort in process
has its own value
regardless of the 'outcome'
maybe something we can't see yet

>We don't really want admiration,  God help us,
>we want $100,000,000.
>If being admired helps, fine.
>But let's not lose prospective.

my perspective is mine and yours is yours
neither of us is 'right' or 'wrong''

>I know you didn't mean to get this going

i admit to hesitating over the phrase
'...the results don't matter...'
maybe it's a poor choice of words

>--my fault,
>but I couldn't let that pass.
>One tiny flaw and picky picky picky!

no problemmo, bill
exchanging opinions is a great benefit of this medium
you made me think harder!

your cyb-sis

janet

janet paterson aka calendar control supervisor
51/10 - sinemet/selegiline/prozac - [log in to unmask]
quotations: http://newww.com/cgi-bin/do_cal?c:newvoice
pwp event calendar: http://newww.com/cgi-bin/do_cal?c:pwpc
a new voice: http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/index.htm