From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange on behalf of Giles
Sent:   Friday, June 19, 1998 1:49 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Verse: Excuses

The door is there, some wood and a knob.
Opening that door is a difficult job.
The wood has expanded, the door=92s hard to pull.
The knob is quite old and fights like a mule.
If I tried I could probably let myself out.
It=92s getting back into the house that I doubt.
Then there=92s getting some shoes on my feet,
and finding a shirt that looks somewhat neat.
There is really no place for me to go.
A movie=92s to far, my battery is low.
To hell with the shoes, shirt, and power I lack!
If I=92ve no place to go I should be right back.
Putting on the shirt was a good bit of work,
and the door flew open on the twenty first jerk.
Good bye sweet kitties and boring old hut,
I=92ll be back =91less I get stuck in the mud or a rut.

Marvin Giles