Friends,

I read in the paper (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel) this morning that the sub -
thalamic stimulator is scheduled to go before the FDA NEXT MONTH. What does
this mean to us? Does it mean another year of waiting for the - and pardon my
French - bastards at the FDA to come to a consensus on this device. I don't
think so. The hardest work is over on this one!
Granted, my form of P.D. is so perfectly suited to this treatment (major
symptoms: bradykinesia, poor balance, and rigidity, i.e. little to no tremor)
that I can't help but be overly excited about the stimulator being brought
before the Food and Drug Administration. However, I think we can all take a
small amount of pride of accomplishemnt here.

Jacob Drollinger