Hi.
My mother has had Parkinson's disease now for about 15 yrs
and during the last 3 - 4 yrs she has developed an
incresingly debilitating blepharospasm, worse in the right
eye. Botulinum toxin injections were tried, also to the
pretarsal area, without improvement. She
had an MRI scan which showed a few old infarcts in the brain
but these did not seem to explain the spasm.
I was wondering if either doxorubicin injections or surgery
would be of any potential benefit to her. Would the surgery
involve GA?

Ian
| Ian Galbraith,              |                              |
| Physics Department,         |   Tel:      0131-451-3066    |
| Heriot-Watt University,     |   Fax:      0131-451-3136    |
| Edinburgh,EH14 4AS,Scotland.|   Email:    [log in to unmask] |