Group -

As many of you know, for several weeks I have been promising to make a major
announcement.  And today I received authorization to do so.

This past February one of the major American television networks contacted me
in regards to the so-called "pig cell" implant surgery.  I underwent this
procedure in September of 1996 and, as those of you who have been following my
updates know, the results have been impressive.

The network and show are none other than CBS and "60 Minutes!"  Needless to
say, I am thrilled to be a part of all this and to be able to share it with
both you and the general public.  If this doesn't kick PD "out of the closet,"
then nothing will.

A few words on what happened during the production of this piece.  Be
forewarned; if any of the media asks you for a similar interview, be prepared
to be both excited AND exhausted by it.  In my case there were four seperate
photo shoots/interviews. One was at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston,
two were at my home in Rhode Island, and one took place in Washington, DC.

You cannot imagine the chaos of a production crew in your house!  One day, two
truckloads of staff and equipment showed up.  The living room looked like a
movie studio with lights, cameras, recorders, cables, etc.  Most of the
furniture had to be put outside!  Yet it was a lot of fun.  And every detail
was handled professionally.

This exciting article is to be a segment on Sunday's (June 21st) airing of "60
Minutes."  I know it is shown throughout all of North America and many foreign
countries as well.  Check your television schedule if you're interested.

By the way, since the final taping in mid-April, I have shown considerable
improvement in the Parkinson's symptoms.

Finally, if you'd like, share your comments with our group.  If you don't care
for the show, please don't throw things at your TV set; good repairmen are
hard to find.  Ha, ha!

Warmly -

Jim Finn