Dear Dennis-- I've been watching the Dayton Daily News, and hoping they
would come through for us--no luck. I'm curious whether they were one you
heard from?  The monumental effort you put forth was an inspiration, and I
hope you're not too disappointed. I doubt whether and out-of-town letter
would have made it, if your very well written one couldn't! I wonder if a
*local* letter which included the substance of yours might get in? Most
papersa do limit length I think. That's something to consider...in and
case, a great big Gracias, Vielen Dank, Merci, and Thanks a million!

>Time passes and all the indications are that my Open Letter has failed to
>find a sympathetic editor in the US. This is hardly surprising.  As two of
>the 3 replies I received put it -  their letters page exists to air the
>views of their community, not those of "out of towners" (and Perth, Western
>Australia is a long way out of most towns). The 3rd advised me that it only
>published letters written exclusively for its pages.

             .0.
            /   \
           ; \_/ ;
           |     |