Date sent:        Thu, 18 Jun 1998 11:30:39 +0800
From:             naresh <[log in to unmask]>
To:               [log in to unmask]
Subject:          parkinsons

Dear Madam / Sir,

My father-in-law has final stages of parkinson's desease. He
cannot
walk, talk, move his body. His bones have fused together and
the doctors
have made a hole in his throath so that he can breathe
easily. He also
suffers from asthama. Given his present condition, I would
like to know
whether there is any "special" type of surgery whereby he
would be able
to speak?? or any type of equipment that can help him speak
even a few
words a day??

He is presently in a government hospital and his health is
covered by
government insurance. The doctors are not able to give us
reply to our
satisfaction. If something can be done, we dont mind flying
him anywhere
to get this treatment.

Could you please help me and check with the resources
available to you
whether something can be done.

Await your response.

Thanks & regards,