I  just read the poem which was posted by Kees. I was there then. I am German
and was in Saxony when WW II ended. I was only 10 then but I must say I felt an
overwhelming sense of relief when we were liberated by the Americans. I am
struck by the generosity
and willingness of the Americans (I am one now) and the Allies to sacrifice.
This was brought out again during the Berlin Blockade
(I was there) when the Airlift saved us. Generosity: When we were strarving an
American family sent us packages for Christmas with
Candy etc.
I am overwhelmed by all this, THANKS to all whose families were involved.
K-F
PS: This is a little off the topic of Parkinsonism but I could not help it. I
am crying as I type this. Thanks.