Helen Mason and I are sitting here, reading your complaints about the lack
of mail while your movers and shakers are here in DC.

The subject of this year's forum is "Visibility into Action."  As Joan put
it, last year we gained visibility when the Udall bill passed.  Now that we
have that visibility, let's do something with it.

Among those on the list of participants:

Ken Aidekman
Bob Bell  *
Barbara Brock  *
Perry Cohen  *
Jim Cordy
Maryhelen Davila
Nicole Gall
Dolores Gross  *
Bill Heitman  *
Art Hirsch  *
Bob Martone  *
Helen Mason  *
Kees Paap  *
Pat Schark  *
Dale Severance  *
Ivan Sussman  *
Margaret Tuchman  *
Mary Yost  *

* - these are people whom we have already seen.

The session started out with a speech of introduction by David Rosenthal,
the board chairman of PAN, and a stirring speech by fearless leader Joan
Samuelson.  After the playing of a tape describing how Parkinsons destroyed
the lives of three couples, we went around the room for introductions.

Because of severe storms in the DC area, a lot of people had trouble
getting into the U.S. Capitol area - so we may have missed several people
today.

Things are going along well - we both did a lot of networking and met a lot
of new people including each other.

More tomorrow as time allows.

Art and Helen Mason