Barb M,

Do you  think your pallidotomy has anything at all with the progression.
The reason I ask is we have a PWP in his 40's (NOT IVAN) that has had
bilateral Pallidotomy.  My observation NoN-qualified of course, is that he
has almost no chorea or athetosis, but he seems to posture with his arms
behind his head and back, like a drug induced dystonia. I do experience a
little of this on my surgically treated side (R) instead of the previously
mentioned movement dyskinesias.  It would seem to me if stress can
accelerate the risk of progression then one could postulate that with the
reduction of symptoms or side effects would generate a more positive outlook
and therefor less stress and you got it less progression.  Just a thought.

Greg Leeman