Hi everyone,
I am a new member of this listserver, my mom has recently been diagnosed as
having Parkinson's Disease.  I have been watching and reading quite a few
messages and am making copies for her, since she does not have a computer.

When Mom was first diagnosed, her neurologist told her that she was lucky
and that Parkinson's was the best disease to have and that it would not
shorten her life in anyway and that she should be just fine, no degeneration
of any type.  Mom is 58 years old.  She is taking Sinemet and was doing
remarkable well until a couple of weeks ago, when she developed what the
Neurologist described as "Essential Tremor".  She was having a hard time
with it and then the medicine finally kicked in and she is doing much
better.  Mom is still working full time although since her episode, she will
only be going back part time for awhile.

My questions are:

How can you distinguish between "Essential Tremor" and "Parkinson Tremor"?

I seem to read quite a few message about depression and Parkinson's.  My Mom
was taking Xantac for her nerves, however, the neurologist says that she
doesn't need any thing like that.

It seems that from what I am hearing that maybe Mom should be looking for a
new Neurologist,
one who seems to understand that Parkinson's is not so great and that it
does progress at least in some cases.  Does anyone agree with this?

Mom lives in  the West Texas area  where rattlesnakes are plentiful but good
Dr.s are not.

Also does anyone have any information about any support groups in the
Greater West Texas Area?   Mom lives in San Angelo, Texas.

I apologize for going on like this but thanks for any help that you can
give.

Debbie Jennings-Siena