Delda,
        I think that's probably the best thing, to chew slowly and carefully. Dad
noticed this symptom long before the PD diagnosis. He also has problems with
swallowing from time to time. Now, we're also noticing some slurring of his
Speech too. Of course, his facial muscles (expressions) have been involved for
a long time, and I'm sure that this is all part of the PD. Dad also has
receding gums, and has to go and get his teeth cleaned both above and under
the gums every three months. Don't know if this is PD-related or not, but it
might be best to check with a dentist and let him/her know about the PD (if
they don't already). Trish