Hi Delda,

Sorry to butt in before you get better replies- just my 2c worth.

I sometimes do this and the last time I ended up biting my tongue too :-(
But I noticed that it happenned when I was really tense over something and
I was also very very hungry.  I think the combo of being stressed out/
starving caused this...at least in me.  Softer foods might be an option
for a while- hope you find a solution.