Greg....

I sure wish I had some insight for ya on this subject, m'dear.

I had a unilateral pallidotomy, and was helped dramatically on my right side
by the surgery.  Since at that time, my left side wasn't noticeably involved
with any symptoms, and is NOW, I've tuned into what's going on TODAY with that
left side, and some other internal problems caused by the progression of the
disease, rather than what was happening to me almost 5 years ago when I had
the surgery.

In fact, I got a shock when I read your message and realized I couldn't really
recall much of the misery that I felt before the surgery.  Since the
pallidotomy, I haven't been bothered much at all by dystonia-like problems tho
(heck... I've got plenty of other symptoms to worry about tho) <groan>

I'm not the person to talk to about stress and having less after the surgery
'cause I've lived with SO much ongoing stress - first job related,  trying to
hold down a job as the PD got worse, and now that I'm not working,
financial-related stress, that I can't recall a time in my adult life when I
didn't live under the gun.

WOWIE!!  After rereading this response, I'm wondering if maybe I shouldn't
delete it.  I'm in a troubled time in my life right now, which will no doubt
be resolved over the coming weeks.  Didn't mean for the negativity to leak out
all over the place.

Barb Mallut