Debbie, welcome to the list, I hope it is very helpful to your mother. I am
wondering if the doctor is just practicing good bedside manner, by being
upbeat and positive about PD? Maybe he figures that with proper medication, he
can control her symptoms and does not want her to become depressed?  OR, maybe
he IS an incompetent doctor......The only way to be sure, is to get a second
opinion, from a neurologist who may not sugar coat the truth. Doctors are only
human, and after many years of medical school, internship and experience, may
still not have seen too many Parkinson patients.  I am NOT a medically trained
person, I am here because my late father was a PWP. I think you might want to
talk to your mom's doctor when she is not around, and see if he is trying to
sheild her.  Let us know what  happens. [log in to unmask]