Bruce Anderson wrote on 061998:

> I read some of this humor I get and for the life of me I can't figure out
fi
> they're funny or not by just reading them.  Used to be, the humor in most
> jokes   was the way the thee joke was told.  Now no one actually tells a
> joke anymore.

If we'd just ask Johnny Carson, Jay Leno or any standup comic about the
written joke vs the orally delivered joke, probably each one would relate
to Bruce's dilemma.  I can think of many times when I heard a great joke
but upon trying to write it down to send to someone or trying to deliver it
myself, the joke failed miserably due to my inability to "deliver the
message" in the exact same as it was orginally sent.  Hopefully, the days
of sound bite e-mails are close.

Jeanette Fuhr 47/7mos.