Marilyn:
You have certainly come to the right place, there are many very supportive and
knowledgeable people here.  Don't worry that your post was to long, it's nice
to get to know you and this is really here for discussion.

My husband also has PD, and it has been a challenge.  Depression can be a part
of PD, but the masked face and slowness of movement, etc. also can just be PD.
We had a psychiatrist speak to our support group a few years ago and he
addressed this very thing.  He described how someone who presents with classic
symptoms of depression appears and acts.   We all thought he was describing
PD.

There are a lot of drugs available and it takes some time to figure out which
ones are doing the most to help.  It is an ongoing process.   Over time it is
not at all unusual for increases to be needed in Sinemet.  You didn't mention
it but there is a controlled release simemet that can be very helpful for some
people.  It sounds like your hubby is taking a lot of anti-depressant, but you
should discuss this with your doctor.

We've found that keeping track of the medications being taken and various
reactions helps.  Of course you have to also keep track of what you've eaten,
stress levels, etc.  It's amazing all the different things that can  impact
the medications effect.  It really isn't all that difficult after you get
started. It helps us when we go to see the neuro.  We can usually point out
patterns or he will see patterns where adjustments can be made.

Welcome Aboard.

Carolyn CG Deon 58/15