The drug companies are already working on drugs/cures IMHO.  The new
drugs like Tasmar are not cheap- but we are ready to pay for them since
they help us.  The Govt funds are used for more 'basic' research which
ultimately the drug companies piggy-back on and since their goals are
more short term and more aggressive, the finish the race quicker.

The more basic research there is in PD, the more the drug companies will
be interested in this for sure- so every little bit of the funding helps.