Follow up letter # 3  Representative Costello is from our district.

                                22 Jun 98
O'Fallon,  IL  62269

Dear Jerry,

We want to say "Thank you" for our very good visit the afternoon of 16 Jun 98.
Our reason for coming was to expedite life and money saving research.  We
found your office PD friendly. We felt that you understood the importance of
our message.  Our time with you was both informative and comforting.

We are asking for your commitment to getting the full $100,000,000.00 in
Parkinson's directed research funds as soon as possible.  These funds were
authorized last year in the Morris K Udall bill.

The points we covered include:
One -- Our situation--We showed evidence that Parkinson's disease (PD) is
debilitating, uncomfortable, and expensive, for both the Nation and the person
with PD (PWP).  The ability to produce an income and pay taxes is a privilege
we have lost.

Two -- The NIH--This organization seems to be thwarting the legislative will
of the Congress.  We stated our belief and showed evidence that the NIH is
reporting "PD related funds" in its dollar estimates for PD research.  We
spoke of the difference between "Parkinson's related" funding and real PD
research money.

Three - Action request--We requested that you write to Representative Porter
and Senator Specter, asking them to help you rectify the situation.  Enclosed
please find sample letters with suitable wording (also given at our meeting).

Four - A general statement--We are grateful that you helped us get on SS
disability, but would prefer to get off of it following a cure or truly
significant treatment for PD.  This is an expensive disease, costing 13.6
million dollars a day (direct taxpayer costs--more in total economic costs).
To understand how much we personally are costing, I have enclosed my "life
salary charts".  I felt myself particularly lucky in this regard.  I had great
parents, a benign if somewhat "nerdy" raising, and a great education.  I also
had priceless experience.  (See the Webpage copy at the end of the book)

When I finally had to give up my USAF career, I was a "troubleshooter"-charged
with reforming a poorly managed office at Mt Home AFB.  I loved it!  I had
finally arrived at the place where I could use my education/experience to save
Big Bucks for Uncle Sam.

I have no way of putting a dollar estimate on that.

Please let us know if I/we can be of further assistance

Best regards,

e-mail- [log in to unmask]
Time is money.  Time is life.
End Parkinson's Disease, now.