Hello, Joan:  Welcome to our group.  (The irony does not escape me here, as
the most common way to join such a privileged society is by an affliction.)
However, I read your message and thought I'd respond.
My name is Barb, 51yrs, diagnosed 2 yrs. ago.  I have a husband and 2 boys
aged 24 and 18.  I am a high school English teacher and plan to keep working
until I retire.  So I have to stay healthy.  The thing that interested me in
your description is that when I was nursing my youngest I,too, felt a
strange tingling sensation.  Not in my arm, actually, but in a particular
muscle in my back.  I asked doctors about it, but it didn't at the time seem
terribly important.  However, it was consistently there, and even today,
from time  to time, the tingling comes back.
To combat the heavy menstrual flow of my pre menopausal years, I've been
taking an estrogen pill called Minestrin.  It has the least amount of
estrogen of all the available comparable medication and therefore, one
expects, it would have the fewest side effects.  So far it has accomplished
the desired tasks and I'm proceeding at least through this changing time
quite easily.
My gynocoligist says that before my next appt. with him next year to get a
blood test on the day before my period is to begin.  Apparently this will
tell him whether or not I've gone through menopause.  (With the estrogen
pill you continue to menstruate and so the actual passage itself is veiled.)
However, my neurologist says that she wants me to continue with estrogen
replacement therapy because of the loss of calcium in the bones after
menopause, and she has cautioned me against the consequences of that with
the potential for falling.
I have also had bouts of depression.  I tried in vain to find a psychiatrist
who could help me accept what was at that time "the unacceptable" in my
life.  I have some funny and sad stories about my ventures in  that field.
But the short story is that I
didn't find one and was chillingly left alone to conclude that I would have
to do this emotional repair myself.  I started delving into "self help"
books.  I used to mistrust these with a passion.  But over time I've
developed a system  of selective reading where there are some ideas and
accounts of success that I accept and are helpful, some I reject totally,
and some I put in a ? box to be evaluated later.  With this method I've been
helped a lot by Bernie Siegel ("Love, Miracles and Medicine") and  Joan
Shimoda Bolen ("Close to the Bone")  Perhaps the ideas of these people will
give your grief a purpose and a direction as they did for my own.
I wish you the very best.  You have a "kickass" attitude as  my students
would say.
Good luck!      Barb