I have had both of these problems, and the muscle spasms around the waist and
down the buttocks (or shanks) continues.  But for me, the early morning cramps
were in my feet and calves and have been alleviated by carefully avoiding any
stretching or toe pointing, and instead, kieeping my toes pointed up(flexed).
The introduction of Premax (in addition to Sinemet 25/100 and Eldepryl) has
cured my restless legs and done a lot for the toe and calf cramps too--at least
I think it has had an effect there too.

The very painful muscle spasms around the waist and hips continue whenever I
walk in a constricted fashion (small steps, carrying something heavy etc.) A
good healthy stride gets rid of the spasm.   I would appreciate hearing any
"household hints" on this one, please.

Nancy SHlaes (61/4)