At 12:01 PM 6/24/98 , you wrote:
>Yesterday, June 23, 1998, the House Labor-HHS Appropriations subcommittee
>approved the FY 1999 appropriations bill which was drafted by Congressman
>John Porter, R.ILL, the subcommittee chairman. The bill will be sent to
>the full committee and the House after the July 4th recess.

-snip-

Thanks for your reporting this so promptly and for your efforts in this
direction.

Larry, this is not on its face exactly what we were asking for. (or is it?)
 It may be a backhanded way of doing it so as to save face with other
causes.  May we have your (or Bill's) read on that and also your feeling
about how the grass roots support should be pushing from this point  on?
You mention that we should support the bill through the full House
Appropriations Committee.  What about the Senate?  Monitoring the NIH?
...etc.?

Art

 Arthur Hirsch {} [log in to unmask] {} Lewisville, TX {} 972-434-2377
 (nickname on instant mail, ICQ, and chat programs is cutterson)

   Always Remember This:  Happiness Is Right, So Choose Happiness