Larry - I am confused.  Is the 9% increase in NIH funding really a
"transfer" of budget funds, to be taken from social/educational programs
for the disadvantaged and poor?  If it is, lacking any convincing evidence
to support such a funding reduction for people who can't pay for their
heat, kids who need supplemental help to learn to read, and for youth with
a proclivity for anti-social behavior without summer rec programs, I am not
celebrating nor am I writing to anyone congratulating them on their "wisdom
and compassion."

Even assumming these funds do NOT come from other successful and needed
programs, is this what we have fought for?  An ambiguous statement from
Varmus that indicates he might be in favor of funneling some higher level
for Parkinson's?

We need to know more.

                                Bob Dolezal