Hi All on-off PWP's,

I can't help but wade into this one, even as our 501 (c) (3) application
sits there waiting for us to predict a perfect future for a disease that
can't  be defined from one person to another.   I tend to think relating
PD is an art form and therefore subject to interpretation of all the
parties involved.  We can help each other by relating OUR feelings about
symptoms, drugs treatments and their side effects, and our mental
approach and state to both of  these wildly fluctuating daily events.

I don't know from day to day what is in store for me.  It makes it
difficult to convey my experiences in a uniform way.  The best
description I have been able to come up with is: a movement and
psychological disorder that is effected by daily stress, diet and mental
capabilities for that day.   That is as definite as it gets for me.  I'm
not going to tunnel myself in so that I don't have these fluctuations.
As long as I am able, I will try my best to acknowledge the symptoms by
treating them as a part of my life, not as defining my life.  This is
easier said than done.  Especially after taking on this endeavor with my
friends in the local PD community. However, it will be my pledge in
life.  I am certain of  that.  I will go through the off periods to the
best of my ability without it dominating me.  Off period to me simply
means: diminished ability to adjust to symptoms of PD due to
insufficient synthetic dopamine and adjunct medications.  And on means
diminished ability to deal with the side effects of PD due  to an excess
of synthetic dopamine and adjunct medications.  Some people need more
detail. I like to generalize. To each his own, symptoms and side effect
and mental approach!

Just a thought!
Greg Leeman

PS-Can anyone who has experience with 501 (c) (3) applications help us with
this very
important requirement of a non-profit to gain tax-exempt status?