Marcia. one thing to look into, if your dad has a condition which requires
hospitalization, he can enter a nursing home covered by Medicare, for a
certain period of time, which I am not sure of, and may vary from one state to
another. We are in Florida.   99 days comes to mind, but I know  someone from
Ohio will give a correct number.  I don't know your father's particular
condition, but one visit to the hospital was for treatment of a deep bedsore,
which the home nurse  declared was not treatable except at a wound center, and
they referred my   dad to the hospital. You will definitely want to talk to
Camilla Flintermann about the CARE list, and other issues, I am faily sure she
lives in Ohio, too. These are not good times for you, I know, but whatever you
do to help your father will make him more comfortable, and you'll feel good
knowing that. [log in to unmask]