To       : Casweetser
=46rom   : Will Kuipers

Re:   Fall (without a spring)

Hello Listmember,

Thank you for the concern you express after my fall.
At the same time you seem to lecture me rather severely and try to make m=
face the reality that I need to be watched over all the time and for
safety's =

sake have myself relegated to living in a wheelchair.

Whoa a bit! The thing I worry about right now is that my reaction time wa=
perhaps
longer than is desireable. As a result I am considering whether it is sti=
ll
prudent to =

continue driving a car.

The accident was in reality caused by my toe hitting a part of the concre=
te
sidewalk =

 that  had been lifted quite a bit by the roots of a nearby tree.
Besides all the other bodily damages a darkly contused big toe attests to=

that.
It could have made me stumble even if I had no PD.

My confidence has been shaken, but the result of that should be that I mu=
st
be more
aware of accident causes and avoid going out of my way to encounter them.=

In the meantime I thank you for your post. At some future date I may well=

be in a =

position not too unlike that of Lola.
I wish her well.

Greetings