In a message dated 6/25/98 12:07:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< My confidence has been shaken, but the result of that should be that I must

Hi Will: I am always sorry to hear of an accident to anyone on the list and
especially to one of the old timers like us.

In any event my doctor performs the following test to determine if I have the
necessary reaction time in my feet.  While standing up straight he pulls my
shoulders and body backwards about 12 to 18 inches.  He first tells me what he
is doing and that he will catch me.  It is natural for a person to step
backwards in that situation.  Thus if your feet remain in places your reaction
time is in adequate to continue to drive.  If you step back then your foot
reaction is adequate to continue to drive if all else remains acceptable.