Brian Collins wrote:

> On 22 June you wrote:
> >
> > Now on to my question on Siniment..  My mom is taking  200/50   3 x a day.
> > They are suppose to be time released.  She wakes up feeling great high
> > function and can do most things.  As soon as she takes her medication it
> > puts her in a low function mode.  Some days she cannot do much and feels
> > Locked in her body for this short time.  This has just started and it is
> > scary for her and for me.   I was wondering does this sound right that after
> > the medication is taken you get worse?   Does this seem like Alot of
> > medication for her.
> > She is only  5" 2' tall and 115 lbs.  So not a large person.  We are in the
> > process of doing a daily diary.. My Aunt is visiting from MN and is able to
> > write down for mom how she feels.  I had offered for her to come live in our
> > house but she is not yet ready to do this. and I respect her for wanting to
> > stay on her own.   Thanks for this list and the Care givers list
> >

> > God bless,
> > Wendy Samper  CG Mom/Ellie  64/7
> > Macon, Georgia
> >

> Hello Wendy. Did you get a reply to your question above? If not, ;et me know
> and I will try to help.  (I was on a short vacation when you posted your query)
>
> Regards,
> --
> Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>

I know my hubby was on too much Sinemet 20/500 when he first started
and he couldn't hardly get off the couch..tell the dr. and I would cut
down to 2 sinemet that is what we ended up doing
...I am no dr. ....but I think she is going thru the same thing..they
overdose you to make sure you are getting enuf to the brain..i
guess..but definetely need to cut down...sounds just like
my hubby's case.

Coleen :)