Greetings Parkinsn List Members,

As I was diagnosed three weeks ago with Parkinson's, I am interested in
learning as much about PD as I can. I would appreciate any advice as to
what are people's opinions on the best sources of information concerning this
disease. To what other list serves do you recommend I subscribe? What
organizations? Any "must reads" including scientific/medical journals? I am
interested in learning broadly and deeply about all aspects of PD.

Thanks, Joe Bruman, for your excellent comments on the recent NPF articles. I
read them and had the same reaction. Very impressive and helpful.

On a personal note, I am a 52-year-old who had tremor symptoms four years ago.
Those symptoms were initially diagnosed as essential tremor. Because the
tremors got worse and were eventually accompanied by a definite loss of fine
motor control, I checked in with a movement disorders person here in Boston. I
am still somewhat stunned by the diagnosis.

In any event, I am thankful you guys are out there and we are able to
communicate with each other and work together to defeat this disease.

Best to you,

bob johnson                   [log in to unmask]